Thursday 26 May 2011

Shopping bag ideas

I initially did some logo sizes and placements on a bag shape just to see where I wanted to go next with it, and then I moved onto photoshopping the image onto a stock image of a hessian bag found on google.





This last one at the bottom is the placement that Will and I have decided looks best and that we are going to go with. Because we want the handles to go across the bag so that it can be hooked over the arm like abasket, I have decided to make the bags myself.
I bought some hessian, borrowed Anna's sewing machine and made them up. It didn't take very long and I used purple thread to keep in consistency with the colours of the project. Then I took the bags down to screen print and printed onto them

The transparency one didn't work quite as well as I had hoped and was al ittle bit faint, but at the same time it looks kind of worn and like it has been on the bag for some time, so I kind of like the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment