Sunday 8 May 2011

Cake Boxes revised

This brief is undergoing a complete overhaul and has been split into two seperate briefs since my last post. It wasn't working. I had feedback in crits that I found myself agreeing with. What I had, just wasn't really working and didn't really ay 'cake shop'. So the cake brief is going in another direction, from this, which you can find on this tag.

This brief is no longer for a cake shop, but for a patissier chocolatier. I feel that the signiture branding will work so much better for this with a new colour scheme.

I have essentially started this brief again minus thr branding, so here are some ideas and mock ups for chocolate boxes using a net that I made myself.








Different sizes. I had some gold corrugated cardboard kicking about and ending up making a box out of it, and i really really liked the result, so I think I'm going to try and get some bigger sheets so I can do more testing on it. It's cheap, biodegradable, and yet makes the box look so much more interesting and tactile.









Different sized nets for the packaging.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to the author for this insightful blog post on
    cake boxes
    ! The information provided here was invaluable, and I feel more informed about the different features and options available. This blog is a fantastic resource for anyone in the baking world

    ReplyDelete